Community access is an important part of the week for each class. Students focus on activities out in the Warragul community and beyond that help them to learn valuable skills in communication and appropriate behaviour. Students need to learn to handle money in the local shops and speak to unfamiliar people in the community – cashier, librarians, bus drivers.
- Visit to the Public Library to borrow books for the classroom
- Morning and afternoon tea at the local cafes
- Shopping for the Cooking program in Coles & Woolworths
- Local bus and train travel
- Visits to the parks & Gardens
- Posting letters at the post office
- Visiting places of interest in the Baw Baw Shire